Psychological disorders that make an individual eligible for ESA dog
The following is a list of diseases that call for a dog to treat a patient.
- Anxiety: It is a serious mental strain that damages the quality of life and way of thinking. To treat anxiety, a dog is the best to spend your leisure time with. The dog will look out for you and care for you. It will always be by your side and play with you all the time. Its presence will make you feel less burdened, such that your anxiety will wear off slowly and steadily.
- Depression: It is a psychological disease due to losing someone or being hurt by an incident that changed your life. It is not a serious issue, but if left untreated, it can cause harm. A dog can treat your depression without you knowing. It will stick by your side and make sure that you are happy. It will let dopamine release from the hormonal glands and will make you get out of depression.
- Attention deficit disorder: It is a brain disorder that occurs due to changes in the brain. The patient is unable to focus on any activity and loses a tract of events. In this case, it is evident that the person is under a lot of stress or lacks social amicability. To restore the health condition, there is a need to have an animal, which can help you socialize. A dog is a social animal that takes you out and creates scenarios that force one to talk to others.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: It is the last stage of stress due to a very sudden death or witnessing a tragic scenario. Most people in the forces and firefighters suffer from this disease. They are extremely stressed, and to cater to their stress; humans face a lot of troubles. While the dog calmly cools them and plays with them. They ask for their owner's attention, and these patients are compelled to go for a walk with their dog. Thus, slowly these patients get out of their shells with the help of these dogs.
- Schizophrenia: It is a complex mental disease where the patient is delusional and has hallucinations due to change in brain patterns. These patients are very unpredictable to the extent that they even take their lives. To keep a check on these patients, there is a need for a strong animal that can act as a guard. In this case, only a dog is the most befitting animal. The dog will stay with them and make sure that they don't act abruptly.Get the emotional support animal letter too. This letter will allow you to keep that animal at home. You can show these two letters to all the authorities and get legal permission to keep that dog with you even in public places.
- Bipolar disorder: Antonyms like hot and cold are the best to describe this mental condition. It is a state where the patient itself is confused about their behavior. They don't know whether they are happy or sad. At one second, they will be jumping from joy, and the other second, they will be crying. It is due to the irregular hormonal secretions from the brain. Dogs are known for balancing the happy hormone. It is researched that dopamine is secreted when a person plays with a dog. So, when these patients stay with a dog, their hormonal secretions will be balanced. Once their hormones are balanced, they will learn to stay optimistic all the time.
- Autism: This condition is marked by either hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity. These patients are socially introverted, but they tend to be extremely hyper at times. These patients have repetitive behavioral patterns and have trouble speaking due to issues in the brain. Due to all these issues, they need a dog by their side who can ask them to go for a walk. These patients will go out only when their favorite dog asks them to, or else; they will sit in their room all day long. Autists are not even comfortable with their families. So, they need a dog for their social skills therapy.
- Multiple sclerosis: It is a state where the person loses the ability to perform motor and mental tasks properly; due to issues in the brain and spinal cord. The coordination between the brain and spinal cord is hampered in this condition, which results in blurry vision, distorted thoughts, and balance issues. In this state, the patient is usually agitated such that no one can handle them. However, if a dog is near them, then they might act properly. Patients tend to be bored with the caretakers, they need someone impartial to be with, and dogs are the best ones to accompany them. Thus, these dogs calm them and keep them without stress.
With all these advantages, what are you waiting for? Get the realesaletter from realesaletter.com for your dog and get the license to keep a dog with you for catering to your mental illness. But make sure that you consult your doctor as their opinion matters a lot.